söndag 25 mars 2012

A New Start

A new start is so much more fun than finishing an old project. Winding the yarn, casting on, knitting the first fresh rounds.

And then you end up with something like this:


Such fun! Not.

But I have only got myself to blame. What a stupid idea it was to make a pair of mittens out of remnants. Just look at that mess.

To cheer myself up I started a couple of new knitting projects instead.


This will eventually become a cowl. I am using a sock yarn combined with Kidsilk Haze, so it is going to be a very cosy cowl.



And this is a baby cardigan for my cute niece. It has a pattern of dogs, hearts and paws in brown, pink and purple. It is the dog from the Happy Hound hat – because I am really fond of their melancholy look.

Actually, I should probably not call it the Happy Hound hat. The Melancholic Mongrel hat would be a much more befitting name, wouldn´t it?

2 kommentarer:

  1. I'm eager to see the outside of the mitten. Doing all those ends can be kind of soothing if one is in the proper mood and has a nice distraction to keep the mind engaged. The baby sweater is super!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Those mittens look great, though! :D

    SvaraRadera